Mailing Address:

Elder Jarron McKay Molen
Japan Tokyo South Mission
1-7-7 Kichijoji, Higashi-cho
Musashino-shi, Tokyo
180-0002 JAPAN

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Someday I will Climb Mt. Fuji!


Week 89 - June 18, 2017 - Transfers
So this week, as you know, was transfers, so there is some good stuff going down.
So basically I had my last ride off to Kōfu district meeting the other day and that was a great time! Some day when I come back to Japan I'm going to climb Mount Fuji.

On Thursday I went to the mission home and I got to see Elder Smith there 'cause he was training as well, so now my mission posterity is growing. We received a lot of trainings as usual about how to be a good trainer and that's always needed 'cause training is an important duty. Then we got our companions and there were 2 elders I already knew that were just coming back for one reason or another. I got paired with Elder Shephard! He was in my zone when I was in Yamate and he is Elder Harrison's MTC companion so it was great to see him again, and I think we will have a great time together. I also saw Elder Pratt when he was going home so that was cool to see him one last time. The rest of the day was just a lot of planning.

On Friday there were a few different things. We went searching for some former investigators and talked to everyone we could on the way. Almost got a few people's numbers but at the very end they declined. We adventured the back streets of Takao a little more which was kinda fun.

On Saturday we went and got Elder Shephard a bike. It's slowly getting hotter and hotter which I'm not too excited about but it's better than Winter so hurrah! We also got to do a decent amount of housing that night. Got some pretty classic elderly people saying 7:00 was too late and a grandma shining a flashlight at us, so that was fun.

Sunday was great! We got to talk to a decent amount of the members and get to know them better. One kid who was going to come to church said his grandpa was dying of cancer and recently got worse so I told him we would pray for his grandfather. One Ekaiwa student came to church and we were able to help teach her about what the church is and who missionaries are. The ward mission leader is awesome and created a book with members pictures, addresses, and basic information so now we can visit him and all the less actives yay!! We visited an investigator family who said we could come back and we had high hopes for but he said he has no interest even though he thinks it's great. I told him that this can change his life and if he reads the BoM he can know that. Again he said he's good. So we were pretty sad and I kinda wondered why people had to do that. But then the next house we knocked on cheered us up 'cause the elderly lady who lived there gave us an umbrella 'cause it was raining. We tried to say no but she insisted, so we took it. Then at the next house we went to we meet a man who had come in contact with missionaries 40 years earlier! He said he remembered some of the Lehi stories and stuff and we were pretty blown away. We invited him to learn again but he said he has no time and can't. That was a bummer but we gave him a pamphlet and he said he would read it.

Today we are going to Hachiōji cause I need to download my pictures onto a flash drive. Also it's a pretty cool place and we're gonna check it out. But ya, we saw some cool miracles and disappointments but the work moves on! Talk to you all next week and happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!! Keep working hard. Love you all.
The gospel is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment