Mailing Address:

Elder Jarron McKay Molen
Japan Tokyo South Mission
1-7-7 Kichijoji, Higashi-cho
Musashino-shi, Tokyo
180-0002 JAPAN

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week Five (In Japan) - "The Blitz; The real Rock, Paper, Scissors; Arice"

"Jesus Loves You.  I don't know why I used this subject line. 

Monday:  Well, we had an interesting lesson with our friend who we meet on Mondays and he read a conference talk I think, so I hope we can get him to read more. He really tries so hard to be like Christ and we want to build off of that and show him the restored gospel.

"A big building where we did the Blitz"
Tuesday:  So today we had the zone blitz!! It's where the whole zone goes to one area that is usually a shopping area where there are lots of people and we try to give out Books of Mormon and teach people. So we set up a booth near the exit of the train station on the platform. It was a beautiful booth I must say, and we gave out like 5 books, and 3 people said they would come to church! But after a half hour the police showed up and shut us down. 

They said it was ok at first, but they lied 'cause they came back later and stopped us. (The standard of truth has been erected and we will not be silenced!) So we went off the platform and continued on with bringing salvation. I went with one Elder Gonzalez.  He is like transfer 15 and we talked to a few people and gave out a BoM so that was awesome. We had a wonderful time and it was joyous. 

After that I went with Elder Coleman who is part of my
group who came over to Japan with me! So we had two inexperienced missionaries trying to speak the language and it was great! We talked to a few people and invited them to church, gave out a Book of Mormon and it was way fun. We talked to an eighteen year old and we were like "hey we are eighteen too!" And we had a great conversation. And then we had testimony meeting and it was great. Then I figured out after I fixed the second hole in my bike tube that it was flat once more, hurray!! So that wasn't fun.

Wednesday:  So today I went on splits with one Elder Clark and we had a great time. We had studies and then had Indo curry which is just Indian curry, but it's amazing. They give you these big tortilla things called a "naan" and you dip it in curry and it's just delicious. I had 3. Then we went and started streeting over near where we had a lesson appointment and it was pretty great. We met a randomness American who was traveling Japan so that was cool. Then we met these two high school kids and we taught them about the Book of Mormon and asked them to pray with us so we prayed right there on the sidewalk! It was way cool and we gave them each a BoM so I hope they read it. Then we went to our lesson and we sort of just talked and then we gave a member a priesthood blessing, and I think we made her really happy. The brother who who actually gave the blessing was a really cool and kind older man who I think is going to be the president of the Tokyo temple or something like that, so that was awesome. Then we had dinner and streets until the end of the night where we switched, and I went I splits for another day with my zone leader.

Thursday: I went on splits with Elder Livingston today and it was way awesome. So we went to an investigator's house and taught him a little and he struggles with the word of wisdom and doesn't think he can quit some things but we shared Ether 12:27"  

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
"And we told him that we believe in him. Then we went and streeted around a bit and got a call to teach a recent convert at the church, so we went back there. We taught him about being a light and example with President Monson's recent talk. He was a super happy and nice Nepalese man and it was fun. There are lots of Nepalese people in Japan just to let you know.

Friday:  We had studies and weekly planning like all day. We also had district meeting.Then we got some delicious tonkatsu. We have a Halloween party planned and have been inviting people to it all week long so we are hoping people come. That's about it for Friday.
"LOL"

Saturday:  We had the usual morning routine then went to Hiyoshi. We went there to get a new bike tube for me because I think the old one was just bad cause it had 3 holes, so ya. So we got that and on the way talked to a guy who was learning English. We had a nice little conversation and he took a picture with us and we are friends on Facebook. We are hoping more comes from this. Then we made our pinatas for the Halloween party. My paper mache skills still aren't very good, but ya that was fun. 

Then we got some good old McDonald's 'cause we don't have time to eat sometimes. Then we went and read the Book of Mormon with a member and we had a good time talking with him.

Sunday:  So Sunday was a lot of meetings. Then sacrament which is always wonderful. Then we had a food party. A bunch of people brought random Japanese food and we all just chilled and ate. So that was enjoyable. Then we did a bunch of calling and trying to message people we had contact info for. We did that until the end of the night.

Today:  Well, we had more Indo curry today and I still enjoy it so that's good. I put in the new tube and my bike is rocking and ready to go once more. Well that's about all for this week.  I love you all and be good people.

" The real Rock, Paper Scissors"

 Excerpts from other e-mails:

"I forgot to include on Thursday that we went to a park to wait for a person who said he would meet us but he didn't show. But then another guy who loves English showed up and we taught him and he prayed with us so there is the miracle you were hoping for. I'll try to do my best to teach
people and be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment